AMAZEworks strives to help schools and organizations identify and understand their culture in a way that provides for individual and organizational growth. Our work focuses on creating the conditions for belonging and equity. We can do this by purposefully engaging all staff in the process of initiating important conversations about identity, differences, and bias, and what we can do to take action against injustices.
Our focus on belonging and equity enables us to help leaders take an honest look at what divides us and prevents us from creating the inclusive climate we want. AMAZEworks uses the latest research on how humans take in bias, preventing and interrupting the internalization of stereotypes and prejudice, neuroscience and full body learning, best practices in adult education, stereotype threat, and social identity development.
Based on the needs of each organization, creates customized workshops and trainings based on school or organizational needs and interests. Below is a sampling of some of our workshop topics.
- Bias – Implicit, Explicit and Confirmation
- Identity and Stereotype Threat
- Responding to Microaggressions
- Unpacking the Cultural Iceberg – Looking Deeper Into Bias and Cultural Norms
- White Supremacy in Education
- Cultural Differences – Communication Styles and Conflict Resolution Styles
- Leading Through Anti-Bias Practices
- Behaviors that Trigger Negative, Bias-Based Responses
- Brave Conversations – Developmentally Appropriate Conversations with Kids on Race, Gender, Identity, Differences, and Bias
- Navigating Brave Conversations on Difficult Topics in the Workplace
- Power and Accountability for Organizational Leaders
- Creating Gender Inclusivity
Based on nationally recognized change models and AMAZEworks Creating the Conditions for Belonging Matrix, AMAZEworks helps organizations create a path for sustainable equitable practices.
Deep Dive into Policies/Procedures/Practices
AMAZEworks will work organization leaders to provide an equity lens when determining policies, procedures and practices around recruitment, hiring, retention, leadership development, and community outreach.
Listening Sessions, Focus Groups, and Interviews
AMAZEworks facilitates listening sessions, focus groups, and interviews with organizational stakeholders to help organizations fully understand the landscape of their work and their impact. These listening opportunities pose questions designed specifically to the work of the organization and provide valuable feedback on how an organization can achieve equity and belonging in a changing world.
Coaching for Leadership and Staff
AMAZEworks provides ongoing coaching for designated leadership and staff who want or need personal work and support.